Monday, January 7, 2008

Why so much pizza?

One thing I have noticed about moving to CT, there are pizza places everywhere. Now, having worked at a pizza place, I can say that pizza is relatively cheap to produce but still I have to wonder just why oh why there are so many around here. I guess they are the Coney Island of Michigan equivalent. And the strange thing, even though we are just 2 hours from NYC, no Coney Islands. Now the pizza here is the source of some controversy. It is in fact "Brooklyn style", which I only know of from the Domino's commercials having only driven through Brooklyn on my way to the airport. I think it's gross. Super thin and super greasy but apparently people prefer it this way. Which makes m wonder if it is just we prefer what we're used to. Can any of us really distinguish from what is good or bad (pizza or otherwise)? Or do we just always choose that with which we are most familiar...and how much pizza can one person eat?

No comments: